Monday, July 20, 2009

Rainy Monday Morning

It's been threatening to rain off and on for most of the weekend, and it did storm a time or two. But this morning, we've gotten a couple healthy bands of showers, with a couple more on the way. It's 74* out, a good 8* cooler than it was this morning when I got up before the rain.

To celebrate I've done nothing but sit on the couch watching Dora and Diego with the kids. We only have small group here this evening, and the entire house needs to be cleaned.

Two of my wife's younger sisters were here this weekend. They had planned on coming to watch the kids while my wife was at work and I was out of town to visit my sister in Santa Fe. I didn't get to go on my trip to Santa Fe, but they came anyway, allowing me a Saturday to myself. That was nice.

But now our kitchen is bare. Seriously, it looks like a pack of ravenous animals came through. There is hardly anything edible left--although what is left is all organic and healthy. The cupboards are even empty of dishes. They're all dirty. So I have my work cut out for me to get the house shaped up for company.

But not yet.

It's still raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment