Thursday, September 25, 2008

Interview

My interview went well today. I only managed to tongue tie myself once. My interviewer's office phone went off 3 or 4 times, her personal cell phone went off once, and someone knocked at the door and intruded. Interesting.

The questions were pretty basic:

Why do you want to be a nurse?
What are some qualities of a good nurse?
What are your strengths that you would bring to nursing school?
What are your weaknesses that you would bring to nursing school?
How do you study?
How do you plan to deal with the rigors of the program?
Do you plan to work?
Think of a time when you had a great deal of stress. How did you deal with that stress?

The one that made me think was:

Think of a time that a problem couldn't be solved with your current way of thinking. What did you do to solve the problem?

All in all it was a relatively painless experience. She seemed genuinely attentive, and took notes on my answers. When we were through she all but told me I'd gotten in. Acceptance letters go out towards the end of October, so I'll be glad when it's in my grimy little hand. Orientation is Jan 7 and 8, but classes don't start until after the 20th. Nice little break there to get myself properly immunized.

Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment