Thursday, February 12, 2009

Significant Other Significant Facts

Another survey stolen from Christy because, well, I'm particularly succeptible to the power of suggestion lately.

This is a survey about you and your significant other and if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged:


♥ What are your middle names?
Dawn and a name that is never uttered aloud.

♥ How long have you been together?
Almost 10 years, been married for 3.5. It's complicated.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Again, complicated. How long did we know each other before we were emotionally involved? A few weeks. How long before we were officially able to date? 4.5 years.

♥ Who asked who out?
I asked her out, incessantly until she agreed just to shut me up.

♥ How old are each of you?
I'm 33, she's about to turn 30, HAHA!

♥ Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
Hers--she has 7 of them and most live within a couple hours. I only have one and she lives about 10 hours away.

♥ Do you have any children together?
Two, the 2 y/o and baby Drofen.

♥ What about pets? Names?
A golden retriever, Bo, two cats, Dusty and Babycat, and a Russian tortoise named Nadya.

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Hmm, probably a tie between the stepmother/daughter relationship between her and the 9 y/o or the whole chiro school debacle.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
HS no, but we met in microbiology class in undergrad.

♥ Are you from the same home town?
Negative. She's from Greenville, TX (One time official motto: The blackest earth and the whitest people.) Seriously.

♥ Who is the smartest?
I know I have the smartass-iest mouth, does that count?

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
Toss up really. I get my feelings hurt way too easily I think.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We don't really eat out anymore, but when we did probably Mexican restaurants.

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Probably Belize, or maybe NYC, I'd have to look at a map to see which is farther.

♥ Who has the craziest exes?
Dunno, the easy answer is me since I have that ex-wife we have to deal with on a regular basis. But she had an ex that would openly booty call her even after he knew we were dating.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
Blow the top, definitely me. But she gets testy much more often.

♥ Who does the cooking?
I do almost all the cooking.

♥ Who is more social?
I am, or at least I have way more people I talk to on a regular basis.

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
Probably her, although since we've had kids she cares less and I care more than we used to.

♥ Who is the more stubborn?
I am hands down.

♥ Who hogs the bed?
Right now, her & baby Drofen

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Toss up. She's been up more in the middle of the night, but I'm the one up every morning to get the 9 y/o out of bed for school.

♥ Where was your first date?
Hmm, we went to an ultimate frisbee park to walk and talk soon after we realized we had feelings for each other. Official date, I'd have to play male and say I don't remember.

♥ Who has the bigger family?
Her--6 sisters and a brother.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
I've never gotten flowers from her. I occasionally buy some when I'm at the grocery store and on special occasions. Only one girl has ever bought me flowers (other than corsages) and I'll remember her for that for all time. So sweet.

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Most get spent with hers, basically because of distance. We try and alternate the major holidays.

♥ Who is more jealous?
Used to be me. I was pretty bad when she was in nursing school. But somehow she always managed to be working with one of the boy nursing students--there were only like 8 or 9 in her whole class.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
Way too serious, way too soon.

♥ Who eats more?
Me.

♥ Who does/did the laundry?
We do our own. I generally do the towels and she does the little kids. We both do the 9 y/o.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
I am.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
I usually do. She says I make her feel like I'm driving with her dad.

4 comments:

  1. YOu won't ever write your middle name on your blog? Must be horrid! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. is your middle name Orville? Ahhh, I knew it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe he said his middle name was Dawn :)

    As for "a name that is never uttered aloud," this is written communication, so therefore that restriction doesn't apply and the name should be forthcoming!

    ReplyDelete